By: Christine Cardimen
We have a small community garden plot in Rochester Hills, Michigan. See our full garden picture above from last year. The Sunflowers are a group favorite and we are now known as ‘The Pollinators’! This past weekend we cleaned it out so it’s all ready for this year’s crops! Below is our empty, but clean, garden plot.
What we will be planting:
- The Strawberries came back so we were able to transplant them to one corner
- Colorful Carrots are planted
- A few Hens & Chicks made it thru the winter
- Our knick-knacks survived the cold
- We added some round stepping wood blocks from my friend Michelle!
- What we need to still buy:
- 1 Sunflower bush
- I think I’ll get some Goldenrod for dyeing yarn! Thank you, @nuvofelt for the great idea!
I’ll post updates as we make more progress this summer! Christine-BUO